LPOC has brought together the biggest collection of specialist conservation suppliers and experts all under one roof, whether you need advice on damp, energy efficiency, planning, law, house history or you simply need a conservation architect or contractor for a restoration project, they’ll all be there.
There will even be a team of independent conservation officers on hand to give free advice on any plans you may be considering.
Find out more in one weekend than you can through months of personal research.
Historic England will join the independent conservation officers and panel of experts that will be available throughout the show and during the programme of talks that have been organised to specifically target the key issues faced by owners:
• Ask the Experts – led by LPOC’s conservation advisor and joined by a Historic England representative, chartered surveyor and Historic Building consultant, conservation architect, property lawyer, LPOC’s VAT advisor and insurance advisor
• The dos and don’ts of finding a restoration builder
• Control of dampness
• House history
• An owner’s guide to obtaining listed building consent
• Repointing stone and brick by the head of building conservation and research at Historic England
• The importance of considering bats in buildings
• Timber frame buildings
• Energy efficiency in listed properties
• Conservation architects Great Expectations from a Bleak House
• ‘Building Performance: Keeping your home warm and dry’ by Dr Robyn Pender, Senior Architectural Advisor at Historic England
• Paints for listed buildings.
Tickets are available now and cost £10 in advance, or £15 on the door. Under 16s go free.
The advance day ticket membership offer allows new members to join the club with one year’s membership for the reduced fee of £48 (normally £60) and includes two free tickets to the show as well as a host of additional benefits and services.